I was running out of dish soap and counter cleaner, and loathe to buy things that come in plastic bottles. In my online searching I found Cleancult! Their products come in recyclable cardboard, and sounded pretty awesome so I placed an order to give it a try. I've now tried all the products so here's my reviews of them:
Counter cleaner - it smells great, seems to mostly clean the counters. Doesn't do well with anything greasy, though. Probably not actually disinfecting but for general counter cleanliness it seems fine. And it smells good too.
Lemongrass soap bar - I like the scent, it foams up nice and everything, but probably I'll just stick with my normal bar of soap after this. No fault of theirs, I just like my regular bar soap better.
Dish soap - I actually haven't used this one yet, but I have it to use. I didn't run out of soap as fast as I thought I would.
Dishwasher tablets - These come in a paper bag, and seem to wash the dishes totally fine. I was previously using a powder in my dishwasher and maybe I'll continue to use that after just because it's easier and cheaper and also totally recyclable.
So to sum up - I love the idea of the products coming in fully recyclable containers and the cartons are really aesthetic. It's 50/50 for me using their products in the future. Possibly will continue to use the liquid soaps and probably won't use the soap bar and dishwasher tablets.
It's hard to find cleaning products that don't involve a ton of plastic in my strive to be zero(er) waste. This is a step in the right direction but there's such a long way to go still!
No comments:
Post a Comment